Monday, October 6, 2008

Adam & Chelsea's Marriage





























Uncle Adam and Aunt Chelsea tied the knot on September 5th 2008. We were so excited! They got married Friday evening at the Salt Lake City Temple for time and all eternity. It was a very special ceremony. I got a little teary eyed at the end because I was so excited for them and their future. I really feel like marriage has so much joy in it (not that it doesn't have hard times), but there is just something about having someone know you that well and working together towards an eternal goal. I am very happy for them and don't think that Adam could have chosen a greater girl! I love her. She is just perfect for him.
After the wedding we walked over all together to an Italian restaurant around the block. (I'd have to say this was one of the highlights of the wedding for me.) It was so great to put things at a slow pace after just getting out of such a spiritual setting. The temperature was perfect and the sky was beautiful and everyone just seemed so happy.
We ate a delicious dinner with much laughter. Hannah shared a song that she wrote and we ended the night with a few pictures and delicious desert. We took Hannah home with us and went and picked up Eliza and Liberty from baby sitters. As you can see by the pictures, everyone was a little tired and was out within minutes.
The next evening, was the reception at Cactus and Tropicals. It was beautiful! Eliza was so excited for it and that she was able to where her "princess" dress made by Chelsea and grandma. There was delicious soup and lots of fun dancing. Eliza was having so much fun dancing that she didn't even tell me that bloody blisters were forming from her fancy shoes. I felt so bad when I peeled off her shoes at the end of the reception. (But she loved telling everyone about her blisters for the next 2 weeks and showing them off.)
The whole wedding experience was ideal and it was great fun having Chelsea's family there. They always make Rob feel more at home.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I'm soooo glad you put pictures of the wedding on your blog. Aaron didn't take a camera to the wedding and I really wanted to see what I missed. I wish we could have gone. It looked like tons of fun!

Desiree said...

Nice post, I'm glad you took a lot of pictures. We didn't take enough.