Sunday, January 25, 2009

Liberty's 1st Birthday
















Liberty turned one this last Thursday. We started out with going in singing Happy Birthday and acting really happy and excited. She new something was up. We then took her out to the kitchen and gave her the first birthday gift of the day...bananas (what else?) her favorite food. She was very excited about it and even tried to eat the peel. The rest of the day was pretty low key. Eliza and I made her a cake during her first nap. We went to Costa Vida for lunch and she got to play on the kids toys a little. Then while she was taking her afternoon nap Eliza and I frosted the cakes. Eliza got to decorate her own cake and I decorated Libby's. Eliza also decorated the house. Eliza was so excited the whole day. I'm not sure Libby knew what was going on. Then when Daddy came home we had a party! We ate dinner (rice and peas of course were on the menu, favorites of Liberty's) and then played games with the balloons. Then we sang Happy Birthday to Liberty and let her blow out the candles with a little help from Eliza. Then my favorite part...she got to eat her own cake at will. She was actually pretty neat though and didn't even get very messy. She tried a little frosting and liked that and then ate some more but she didn't eat too much, since her tummy was probably filled with rice and peas. Then off to the bath we went. After getting all the frosting out of her hair and getting some yummy pajamas on we opened presents. (Eliza was dying for this moment and had been waiting all day.) Eliza gave her gold fish, a princess plate, and one of her dolls. Mom and Dad got her a book and a doll (it was a the doll she chose at the store the night before, it was the doll that received the most snuggles and hugs from her during the choosing process, it was a tough choice). It was a great party!
I can't believe Liberty is already one. Time really does fly. I am so happy she is a part of our family. She makes me so happy. She is such a loving girl, always giving hugs and kisses. I sure do love you Liberty and I am so glad that Heavenly Father sent you to our family.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

We miss you guys!!! I love that we can now watch your family grow!!

Timothy and Nicole said...

I can't believe she's one either..wow! She is so cute. She really is changing. Sounds like a super fun party:)

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Libby Happy late birthday. You are so cute. Eliza your a great big sister.

Desiree said...

What a fun day. I bet Eliza loved it just as much as if it were her birthday she's so sweet.

Erica said...

Your girls look so cute. We miss seeing you more. And I can't believe Eliza is now in primary!

Michele said...

Abby!!! I can't believe it has been a hole year!! WOW how they have grown. They are beautiful girls.. We need to catch up have lots to share with you call me

Michele