Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Year's Eve



...and the rest of Christmas vacation was spent in Ogden at Grandma and Grandpa Pigeons (Stevenson). We had a relaxed New Years Eve with Sarah, Ted, Drew, Grandma, and Grandpa. We started out the night right with some yummy pasta (what else!). A tortellini recipe I got from Uncle Ryan that we just love. Then we opened Christmas presents which probably made the night extra special for Eliza (I kind of like this tradition). Then we celebrated the New York New Years with Eliza. Our kids went to bed and we played games. (Yes everyone, including Grandma and Grandpa, it was like a miracle!) And we loved it. It was kind of a long game and during it midnight passed. I think we heard some fireworks and said, "What was that?" and after thinking for a bit we realized, oh it must be midnight. We were all really into the game and tired so I think we maybe kissed and that was it. Dad ended up winning the game and it was a great night!
The next morning we woke up and were supposed to go shopping without the kids while the boys watched the kids (and a football game) I was worried which would get watched more. We stopped in at Grandma Brunetti's first and while at lunch she had an accident. We spent a while there showering her and cleaning her up. Then we went shopping. Ironically, the shopping was a little dull and actually helping Grandma was the highlight of the day. It was nice to have all of us helping out a woman who we love so much. Everytime I visit her it humbles me and makes me greatful for all that I have. It also just puts life into perspective so much. Most of us will reach this same path someday and what a humbling phase it is.
The rest of the days were low key. We hung out with Chelsea, Adam, Jenn, and Dave at the "Rager" (this is what Rob called it) party at Adam's one night. Yes another football game. Another night we went to dinner with Ted and Sarah. Yes another football game was supposed to be viewed. And the rest was spent with Grandma and Grandpa just playing with the kid. We feel so lucky to have family who we love just spending time with doing the simple things.

3 comments:

J + A Humphreys said...

Abs, sounds like you guys had a great Christmas and New Year's. Fun to see pics of you family. Your mom and dad look so good. We missed you at lunch, but hope you had a great birthday. Your girls are just so stinkin' cute. Loved the pics with Santa. Yay for one more semester of student life!!

Ben and Summer said...

Sounds like good times! I just have to tell you, I just read your funny quotes, and the one about Eliza saying "nice milkers!" cracked me up so much that I seriously couldn't talk for 5 full minutes. Ben kept asking me,"what?" "What is so funny? Read it to me." But I couldn't because I was laughing too hard!

Diamonds Are Forever said...

It looke like you all had a wonderful holiday season. Is there anyway that John and I and the girls could be adopted by all of you. It amazes me how different our families are. You guys just love to spend time together and care for each other so much. I find myself envying you so often. We love you all. Give the girls hugs from us. Okay Rob too!