Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fools Day!

I love this day. And every April Fools Day I try to come up with something really good to trick Rob. Last year, I pretended his old girl friend emailed him and invited to meet with him and go to lunch. I made up a whole new email address and he was totally falling for it. It was a pretty proud moment for me.
This year however I was not as successful. But I did trick Eliza (watch the video). I tried to trick Rob by pretending to fall and then having Eliza run and get him. When he arrived I of course was using perfect acting skills of acting "unconcious." However, Eliza was laughing and when Rob sarcastically said lets call 911, Eliza said, "No Dad, she's just pretending." Rule #1 never trust a 3 year old to help you with your April Fools Jokes. It was still a fun day and Eliza kept kind of lying to me and then would just say, "Just kiddin' mom, you know its that special day."


P.S. I would love to hear if anyone has any great prank ideas that I could use for next years big day. I love a good trick. My problem is I can only think of mean ones that I'm not sure the victim would laugh at in the end. So clean ones would be prefered. ;)

6 comments:

Timothy and Nicole said...

So cute... You always have the best ideas.

Diamonds Are Forever said...

That was cute. Eliza will someday play ones on you so watch out. HAHA

Anonymous said...

You're very good at telling stories Abby! I was just reading your side comments on what kids say. They were really funny! I can't believe Eliza spelled out hot, and the story about Liberty putting the gun in her mouth!! Those were so funny!!!! The only lame April Fools joke I play...is the old...I'm pregnant!! It only works through text messages for me though.

ZAC said...

My sister played this jello trick on her family. I'm going to have to try it for next year!

Desiree said...

I'm too lame to trick adults, I only prank my kids!

KaraLynne and Andy said...

next year make pancakes for your husband but put strings of thread in them so when he tries to cut them it doesnt work - they just tear in a big mess.