Saturday, April 25, 2009

We moved!

We now are city slickers! We moved to Salt Lake City last week and live in the PARC Gateway Apartments. It has its pluses and minuses. We are babysitting our two lovely furry friends again (Wojtek and Rudy) in exchange for some discounted rent. The first little while has been an adjustement. Cleaning and unpacking has taken longer than expected and I have allergies like crazy. I'm not sure if its the cats or the pollen but it is making me miserable. But it has been fun living right here in downtown. Eliza loves the waterfountains in the mall area. Liberty got squirted in the face so now she just enjoys dancing by the side. We also enjoyed some free Ben and Jerry's Icecream during their celebration and we can't wait to try out the Children's museum, all within our backyard.
We hope all of our good friends will visit us. We are excited to live closer to family but just like Eliza told her grandma and papa Coco, "I miss my Provo friends."Align Center
This is the garden area on the 5th floor where Eliza loves to ride her bike. You can see it out her bedroom window.
This is our new backyard!

7 comments:

selway2005 said...

Sweet view! Moving is not all fun, especially when you get allergies...I bet it's the cats (Levi has very strong allergies to cats)! We miss you already: we drove past "your Provo house" and I told Levi that it would always be "the McMillens' house" to me. We'd love to come up and visit you sometime, maybe go to the children's museum together, one of these Saturdays?
Take care!

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Cool view. I didn't know you were moving. How come? We are in Salt Lake all the time for Logan. We will have to come and visit. Maybe, meet somewhere since I am allergic to cats terribly.

Amy said...

Fun to see the pics. I like the garden park, I don't think I've ever been there. Way fun. It seems like you've been gone forever since I haven't seen you as much as usual, but it's only been one week. Wow. I can't wait to come and see the sweet place and of course our sweet friends! We really miss you being just down the street.

Timothy and Nicole said...

Look at you living in a sweet and swanky place downtown. Eliza is so sweet... I miss my provo friends. I know you don't like big cities. But it sounds like there are lots of perks. It was fun to see pics.

Erica said...

Wow! Looks like a nice place. We wish we could come visit you sometime. Have fun cat sitting!

J + A Humphreys said...

Whoa! Livin' it up in the high rises of SLC. You said this was just temporary until Fall....are you looking to buy something?? I bet it feels so good to be done with school - for you and Rob! I'm also not a fan of moving. You'd think I'd get over it since we do it so frequently. :) Definitely not easy with 4 little extra hands to help out. It's hard to leave support networks too. It's great to be closer to family though! Eliza is so sweet and thoughtful...I loved the story about the cloud emergency.

Nick and Leila said...

Now you live way close and we have to get together!! Is your number still the same? Do you have some free time?