Monday, May 17, 2010

Baby #3 Details

So it's 3 in the morning and I am just too uncomfortable to sleep so I thought I'd write about this pregnancy with baby #3. I keep trying to think back when I was pregnant with Eliza and Liberty and I just can't remember anything, so I wanted to write down a few things about this pregnancy. I feel uncomfortably large. I think I started feeling this way a little too soon. I feel like I have been ready to have this baby since about a month ago. I kept thinking, I can't get any bigger and then I do. I have reached the peak of uncomfortable largeness. My hips ache a lot. I think that is my biggest complaint. My feet and hands have started to swell a little but nothing like my pregnancy with Eliza. I wish (like I always do) that I had exercised more and eaten healthier but it really is a vicious cycle. By the time I feel good enough to exercise (no more nausia) I start feeling large and off balance, but this is a reminder for next time...You are not that big, start exercising!
Fortunately I think the end is in sight. My due date is not until June 2nd (according to ultra-sound) or May 28th (original due date) but I the doctor told my at my last visit (last Wednesday) that he wouldn't be surprised if I didn't make it to my next appointment. I am dialated to a 3 and 60-70% effaced. I was so excited to hear this news because I am so hoping to go early. However, until tonight I really haven't had any contractions. So I am starting to lose hope. Even tonight it's not really contractions, just mostly uncomfortable.
I feel ready but no ready to have this baby. I suddenly realize that I feel like I have forgotten everything about having a newborn and the birth. With the 3rd baby you just go in feeling like you are a pro. So I haven't done any reading or things like that and now I am thinking do I really know what the heck I am doing? It's been a while. Hopefully it's like riding a bike and it will all come back. Hope she arrives this week. I think I prefer the sleepless nights while holding the baby rather than not being able to roll over in the bed because my stomachs too big. (Might regret ever saying that sentence in a couple of weeks.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I'm feeling for you Abby! Thanks for the reminder I should work out!! Maybe you should just stand and rock back and forth for a little while and see if that gets anything going!

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Abby, I know this pregnancy went slow for you but I can't believe its already here. I know you will do great. Your a tough cookie and an awesome mom and everything will come back. Good luck and enjoy this time.

Jenn said...

That's no fun! I don't think men will ever get what a sacrifice being pregnant is! I am definitely not one of those women who like being pregnant! You'll get there! And everything will go well!

J + A Humphreys said...

Ooooooo, can't wait to hear the name and see a picture. I can TOTALLY relate to everything you saying. Feeling big early...sore hips (and back for me)...feeling so much fatter this time. :) I can't remember my first two pregnancies either and I feel like I ask the doctor questions I should know the answers to. haha! Good luck with everything! Your girls are going to love to have a real baby to love and kiss. Hope the L&D goes smooth and the recovery too!

Alice-Anne said...

hang in there! can't wait to hear your good news...soon, hopefully, for your sake!