Thursday, May 20, 2010

My doctor's appointment

I wanted to write down what happened today at my doctor's appointment because I wish I had done better at documenting this stuff with the other two kids.
I was dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced. (Last week I was at a 2-3 and 60-70% efffaced so not that much progress has been made.) But the doctor asked me if I wanted my membranes stripped and I said yes.
I have been just so uncomfortable these last couple weeks. I can't sleep good. I'm so tired but it is too uncomfortable to lay down. I get really bad reflux and it wakes me up and I feel like I'm going to throw up. Last night was not as bad but Eliza for some reason woke up at 4 am. The night before that I woke up at 4 and was having contractions so decided to get up and clean to see if they went away. They kept on strong until 6 and then died off. The night before that I was up from 1-3 cleaning because I was so uncomfortable. So I feel like I am sleeping like I have a newborn.
My doctor also asked if I wanted to be started on potosin friday if stripping my membranes didn't work. I decided not to, even though I am so desperate. I usually want to let the baby come when it is ready, but I think if it is not here by Wednesday I will get started.
Also wanted to put down how much I have gained on this pregnancy. I started at 120 lb and have now reached a grand total of 167 lb. I think I only gained 30 lb on Liberty but on Eliza I gained about 60 lbs. I can only imagine if I hadn't gone 2 weeks early with Eliza how big and miserable I would have been. Hopefully tonight is the night!
My friend Amy Teemant just got started on potosin today so it is exciting to talk with each other when we are experiencing such similar things. She is such a kind friend.

No comments: