Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mazie at 6 months

I once again have not been good at taking pictures. This is about when she is 6 months. We got this Bumbo from Nicole and she really likes it. She is always chewing on something so I think her teeth are going to start coming through but they don't. We finally gave her solid food. Eliza has been begging me to do so for so long. I think because she is excited to help feed Mazie. So her and Libby helped me pick out some baby food. They picked peaches and peas and we bought some Rice cereal. I tried the rice cereal and was amazed at how well she ate it. On Liberty and Eliza's first feeding the pretty much just spit it all out it seemed, but Mazie did great eating it. She gobbled it right up and I thought actually got quite a bit of it down into her tummy. We have video of it that I hope to add to the blog later. We tried peas and bananas too and she like them as well.
On her 6 month appointment (which was a little late, was actually on Dec. 8th) her height was 27 inches, 17lb 12oz, and her head circumference was 45. I don't remember the percentiles, but she continues to be quite tall.
I put this picture in because can you believe the boogers on this girl? I'm not sure if you can see it but it is like booger glue closing off both these nostrils. She woke up in the morning this way. Poor girl. I swear she has had about a million colds since we moved to California. I would be worried in was allergies or something but each cold seems like it goes through a cycle. She gets stuffy, then a nasty cough, then chest congestion, then finally gets over it just for a new cold to start. I have asked the doctor about it a few times but he thinks it is just fine. Seems strange to me though. I thought Eliza would be sick often with going to school but she has probably been the healthiest.
Luckily, Mazie usually continues to be pretty happy. Her grumpy is like a normal baby's happy. So it hasn't been bad for me, I just feel bad for her and that poor little nose.

No comments: