Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mazie at 8 months

Mazie is turning into a little person now instead of a newborn. She sits up by herself now. She is eating solids. She has tried rice cereal, bananas, peas babyfood, peach babyfood, sweet potatoes baby food, Gerbers disolving stars, rice crackers for babies, cheerios from daddy (that she choked on), crackers from daddy (that she choked on), whip cream from daddy, pudding from daddy, and he even let her suck on some fries (he didn't want her to feel left out at McDonalds). I must admit I let her try frozen yoghurt though at about 5 months. She just looked liked she wanted it so bad. She is definitely not our first child; getting a little more 'lax with number 3.

One thing that makes Mazie seem so old is that she is babbling a lot now and it sound like a conversation. She has the tones correctly but no words. Sometimes in the car I'll think Libby is talking to me for a minute and look back and it will just be Mazie. She says dadadada a lot but just making the sound, not connecting it with dad.

She also definitely knows who mom is now and what mom does (pick her up all the time). If she is on the ground or in her saucer, she will see me walk by and start crying. But if she doesn't see me she is totally content. I think she is even starting to have attachment issues. I handed her to a friend today and she started crying, and staring at me. It was pretty cute the other day though when she was on the changing table and crying she even reached her arms out for me. Usually she just cries and gives me that look, but the arms reaching out made it so much sadder.

She continues to be in the move, she rolls all over the place to get where she wants to be. I think there might even be a few sneaky army crawls involved but I have yet to really catch her in the act.
She is quite the smiler still. I love when she laughs. She is very ticklish by her collar bone. Her new favorite thing is to always have that tongue hanging out, just a bit, and especially when she is happy and smiling.
She brings me so much happiness and continues to be a super mellow baby. My friend Michelle and all the mom's at Eliza's school are always saying she is just the best baby they have ever met, never crying, always content, and it is true she really is such a good baby.

(Libby was playing doctor and Mazie was the patient. That is why she has a fake bandaid on her wrist.)

1 comment:

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Abby, I just love to see the updates. Take some pictures of the other girls too so I can see how big they are getting. Miss you guys!