Monday, July 21, 2008

Stevenson Family Reunion









We had a grand old time this year at the Stevenson/Brunetti reunion. Grandma and Grandpa Stevenson reserved a condo up there as a gift for Christmas. It was so much fun.
It started with of course what every Stevenson trip starts with... a broken car. Yes, grandma and grandpa Stevenson's car broke down in Logan canyon. Luckily about 5 other cars were right behind us and with a little rearranging the rest of us were off and Dad was with the tow truck.
After getting settled, we went and saw "Chuck Wagon" at the Pickleville Playhouse. Eliza still is singing "coyote, wo-o-wo -o- otee, awoo." She loved it and sat through the whole thing completely entertained. Liberty also sat there quietly staring at the stage until she finally drifted off to sleep. Not even a peep from her, which was nice since I was a little worried about taking two kids to a play without Rob. Yes, dear Rob was missing. He was working hard at work since he was supposed to be finding out about his job offer that next day.
The next day we had a little beach time. Eliza loved it there, it was like a big sand box for her. It was also really relaxing for me because she was entertained. Later mom and I took a little stroll down to an antique shop where they sold chocolate covered Rasberries. Yum! That night, Rob called with the exciting news that her received his "dream job"! We were so excited! He finally arrived during the Family Olympics (which we loved and was very funny). I was so glad to have him around. He just makes things great for me and always more fun.
The next day was my favorite! We headed off to the beach pretty early. Rob started building a sand castle with Eliza which turned into a family event with many of the cousins and uncles and aunts. Ted even completed a tunnel underneath one of his towers. Then we went boating with John Diamond who was up there with his family. Rob displayed his skills on the wakeboard as I whooped and hollered from the back of the boat. Eliza even went out on the tube with her daddy. I wasn't quite sure what she was thinking. It wasn't a face of fear, but it also wasn't a face of excitement. Eventually we came in and had some classic La Beau's famous raspberry shakes and hampburgers. It was scrumdiddilyumptious!
That night was probably on of my most favorite parts of the reunion. We had a family talent show. Almost everyone had something special planned. It ranged from Chelsea's gorey fingers to Dave's touching poem about Jenn and her cancer.
The next day was mostly just clean up and finding all the missing items for everyone that had been lost in the crazy Stevenson whirlwind. And of course Grandma and Grandpa's car broke down again.

11 comments:

Erica said...

Abby we had so much fun with you and the family up at bear lake. Check out our blog for the sand castle building crew. By the way, when I get on this last post, the first two pictures are on top of each other so you can't see the back one.

Timothy and Nicole said...

Abbs- I loved reading about what's going on in your family. Okay so Eliza he so darn cute. She is like a perfect mix of you and Rob. Perhaps everyone doesn't agree with me, but I do think so. I am curious about your thoughts on this. Libby rolled for the first time what big day. Your girls are so cute! It was also fun to see pics of you and Rob. Your hair is getting so long. NOt sure if this post might be too long for posting oh well. Hope you guys are doign great. What's the dream job rob got???? CONGRAGULATIONS to both of you that's just spectacular:)

Heidi said...

Hey Abby,

It's me, Heidi Orton Barney! I found your darling blog. How are you? Your family is so cute. It will be fun to keep in touch. Talk to you soon!

Heidi

Kaitlan said...

Wow, Libby looks just like you. Hey, why don't you send me your email address. I want to get together with you next time I'm out (this winter). I need to see you again, and meet those darling little girls.

ktoole289@yahoo.com

erin said...

abby! how are you doing?? so great to 'see' you; your babies are so cute! where are you guys these days? heart, erin skeen burton

Anonymous said...

Oh my Abby can you please update your blog!?!?!?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
car removal Melbourne

Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but aftr I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
car wreckers brisbane
car wreckers logan

Hashtag Car Removal said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually irritating. A good site with interesting content, this is what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I'll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can not find it.
cash for unwanted cars sydney
cash for used cars sydney

Max Tiney said...

Ready to sell your unwanted car. It is your opportunity to earn some quick cash with us. With an experience that spans several years, we are well-versed in offering fair evaluations, instant estimates, inspection visit and pick-up, highest cash paid-on-the-spot, free towing, and free paperwork.
cash for toyota brisbane

Benz Well said...

Best Cash for Cars Melbourne stands up to its name. Our car removal team has truly pushed the boundaries of excellence in terms of efficiency, service, performance and support. So, why not bid farewell to your beloved car in return for the highest cash.
cash for cars Hampton park