Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our Happy Valentine's Day

It was a great day! The night before Rob surprised me and brought home a new bike for me that I had wanted. We stayed up late that night putting it together. Eliza really enjoyed it. The next day, Eliza got to go to her friend Araia's Birthday party. Eliza loves birthday parties so this was extra exciting for her. That afternoon the girls and I delivered cupcakes we had made to a few special people. Eliza got a fancy chocolate rose from her daddy as a surprise! We also got lots of Valentine's cards from our extended family. Eliza loves getting things in the mail so this was a definite highlight. Then that night Rob and I went on a date. It was a crazy crowd as usual for dinner. We waited 2 hours. But during the wait we went a looked at cars which was fun. We ended up going with our friends the Gustins to dinner and laughed a lot. It was a great day. I love my family and friends and am so greatful to be surrounded by such great people.
P.S. My pictures somehow got deleted off my computer. I am so sad because I wanted to put the picture of my bike on :(

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun V-day! Kaiden and Kennedy sure have loved playing with all the fun things you sent in their package! And about the post below...you are an EXCELLENT Mama and Ellie and Libby are so lucky to have you. By the way, I'm loving your new do and their cute matching sweaters...we did good!!!

Brandi said...

Oh...MISS and LOVE you guys too!

J + A Humphreys said...

Sounds so fun. How exciting about your bike. We sold mine when we first moved to Chicago and I haven't gotten a new one yet. I miss it. :) I love the post about being a mom. All those sweet and simple things make up for all the crazy moments. I love your hair too.

Desiree said...

We should do a big family bike ride this summer with the kids.