Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Rob!!!



It was Rob's 29th birthday yesterday! He is getting old. :)I feel so lucky to have such a great guy for a husband. When I introduced myself in Relief Society yesterday, a lady raised her hand and commented, "I just had to tell you all that I was sitting behind Abby and her husband in Sunday School and the nursery leader came in because there was some kind of problem with their daughter like a dirty diaper, and Abby went to stand up and her husband had her sit back down and went out instead. I just thought that was so impressive." All of the ladies were like, "oh wow." I said, "Yeah, he's a pretty good guy!" He really is.
He was a little tired for his birthday since he had been up really late the last 4 nights one night until 4:00 am, so the girls and I let him sleep in and didn't do anything exciting in the morning. During the day I sent him an email with some tickets to the BYU vs. TCU game. (I am always nervous to make these kind of purchases because while in DC I bought some NBA tickets that were really good seats but he didn't really think they were the greatest gift because of the price. Plus I'm not really an avid football fan so I wasn't really sure what the best game was, but I think it worked out this time!) Then when he got off work we went to eat at Market Street Grill and the girl gave him their gifts. When we got home we had some Cherry Pie. Rob kept asking if I had made it and I just moved on with out answering. Then a little later he asked again and Eliza gave me away and said, "Mommy didn't make this, we bought it at the store." How could she throw me under the bus like that! ;) We all laughed! Pies are just not my thing. But I did buy it with love and care.

Happy birthday Rob!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YA OLD FART!!! Hope your day was fabulous...Abby, pies are just not that worth it to make...my theory at least :) you all look great, love and miss ya tons!!!

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Happy late Birthday Rob. Your so not old. I can't even remember 29 anymore, it was sooo long ago. Cherry pie? Chocolate is the bomb!!!