Friday, October 2, 2009

We moved! Yes again.




Yes we have moved again. I was counting the other day with some friends how many times it has been and I think it is at 13 times since Rob and I got married (5 years). Way too many.
We are really missing having Grandma and Grandpa Stevenson around to always help out and play with us, but it has also been nice to be in our own place and get back into a routine. We love our new little house here in Millcreek (still UT). It is very close to Rob's work which I love because it makes it seem like he doesn't work so long and the best part of the whole house is the yard. It is huge and gated and the girls love it.
There were a few surprises about this place though. When I was finding a place to live I was sure to ask my top 5 questions: "Does the place have a gated yard, disposal, dishwasher, washer/dryer hookups, and air conditioning?" I made sure I narrowed down my search really good. Well I found this house while driving to check out another place I had seen on Craig's List. I fell in love with it when I found out it was in our renting price range. I soon found out that someone else was interested in the place so I frantically bargained to get the house. I succeeded and the house was mine. On the first day while moving in, the place was getting pretty hot. I went to turn on the a/c and found out that there was a just a swamp cooler. Not a big deal, I could handle that especially since it was cooler months up ahead. Then later that day when I went to load the dirty dishes into the dishwasher, I couldn't find it! I swear I had seen one when I looked at the place before. But to my dismay there was NO DISHWASHER! Ahhhh! What had I done to myself. (If you know me at all you will find this pretty comical, I am that person that puts everything in the dishwasher--pots, pans, knives, wood items. For me it is worth the risk that it might get ruined because I hate hand washing so bad.) I called and told Rob and he just laughed and said, "You think you rented the house a little too quick." We both laughed. He has been quite a trooper since and has really helped me out with dishes and I have to admit it really hasn't been that bad handwashing.
I hope to add a picture on soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Abby! You're so funny. That sucks so bad it doesn't have a dishwasher! Maybe you can talk them into putting one in. ;)

Brandi said...

Glad you are liking your new place. I bet you don't miss A/C at all right now.....its so cold. BRRRRRR!!! We miss you guys lots. Miller was talking to me about going to the football game with his friend Robby and the kids thought we meant Uncle Robby and they were so disappointed when they found out they couldn't see their cousins. WOW we need to live closer :) Let's start playing the lottery Abby...then we can all live in Hawaii...and Idaho...and Paris (Paris sounds good, right?!) How about Italy, that might be fun. Love ya

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Abby you are so funny. You will learn to love the gated yard so much that the dishes will be no big deal. Growing up with 11 kids at my house, we never had a dishwasher, so it could be worse :)

Ami said...

I'm glad you're still around because we really need to hang out. It has been way too long. I'm sorry about the dishwasher; I have a hard time doing dishes even with one.

Desiree said...

I guess it is time to each Eliza to do the dishes. You need to start while she is still excited about the idea. When you are done have her come teach Maya!

Erica said...

two words---paper plates

Lori said...

haha. so something i would do. i hope your place grows on you!