Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hunting

Rob went hunting this year for a week up in Idaho with his Dad and Miller.


We joined them for the first couple of days. We didn't last too long because it rained most of the time we were there. But the time we spent there was pretty adventurous!

We found a snake down by the river and tried to catch it!
We had delicious fire roasted corn on the cob! (Libby's favorite)
Kaiden even hunted himself a squirrel! We feel strongly about eating what you kill. So Rob seasoned it up real nice with cayenne pepper and garlic salt. We all took a nibble. It actually was pretty good. Eliza really liked it. (Yes we may be considered W.T. now, but that's OK.) Rob also cooked some of the grouse that they brought back from the hunt (yes they were hunting elk but hadn't had any luck yet) and it was delicious!
Eliza got to get a little ride on the horse! And best of all we got to hang out up in the mountains. There is just something so peaceful about being up there. I love it!

4 comments:

Samantha Stevenson said...

wow! squirrel! I'm not sure that sounds like something I'd like to see on my table anytime soon. I think I see about a million of those a day and half of them are squished on the side of the road :) Hunting is not my thing, but I'm glad to hear that you eat what you kill. ;)

Diamonds Are Forever said...

No way on the squirrel. Glad that you girls got to go too. There is no better place than being up in the mountains.

Tiffanie said...

Abby, I didn't know you had a blog. How exciting! How are you guys? So good to know you have a blog so we can keep in touch.

Desiree said...

I can believe they cooked a squirrel, but seriously that makes me ill! It is nice to always have good stories to tell. Your kids are going to have such fun McMillen stories to tell, the Stevensons need to pick it up a notch!