Monday, June 9, 2008

Hiking Mill B





On Saturday we had the best bang for you buck hike. We only had about an hour and a half to hike. After trying unsuccessfully to get Eliza to go pee in the wild, we loaded up all the kids into their back pack carriers. Of course after about 2 minutes of walking someone had to go pee. It was me of course so I hurried and went in the bathroom that we were passing by. Then after about 5 minutes of hiking, Eliza decided she had to go to the bathroom. The cold air on her bum was making it a little difficult for her to go, but finally a success! She went pee in the wild for her very first time! The granola in me was rather proud. This meant she was on her way towards some backpacking trips.
After all these pit stops we were finally on our way. On the way up the trail, Rob spotted a "perfect" fishing hole. We decided to keep hiking and come back to it. The hike was beautiful, especially next to the roaring creek (Can a creek roar?). Well the water was really high anyways. We hiked for about a half hour and then headed back to the fishing hole. I (and I think Rob) were pretty doubtful there were going to be any fish, but still its always fun to cast in the line and Eliza was really excited about it. I sat down to feed Liberty and about a minute later got scared out of my wits when I heard Rob yell and a rattling sound. Out of the corner of my eye I thought there was a rattle snake, but it was just a fish slapping around on the rock. Eliza was a little scared as well. I think she thought we were catching a fish to take home and put in a fish bowl. She kept saying, "It a big fish." I would say, "No, its kind of a little fish." She'd say, "No, too big."
Rob thought it was definitely big enough and strapped it to Eliza's back pack carrier.
When we got home Rob immediately grilled it with some butter and garlic. Eliza loved it. After giving her a taste, she kept saying, "Daddy, go away!" She wanted it all to herself, in fact she even tried to eat the tail.

2 comments:

J + A Humphreys said...

Abs!!!! What the heck...you have a blog and didnt tell me???? JK! I am so glad you finally gave into the pressure. I have been dying to see pics of your girls, AND they are darling! Libertys cheeks are sooooo cute. You look great! I am excited to see what your life is all about. :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Liberty fits into that hat. Brandi got us one like that too, and Taiton could never fit into. Not even when he was first born