Thursday, June 5, 2008

Why a blog?

So forever everyone kept asking me if I had a blog. I would say no because I don't live far away from most of my family and so I don't think anyone would really like to look at it. Plus, with two little kids I feel like I can hardly find the time to do anything like this. But then one day (with my sister-in-laws help) I had a break-through. I kept thinking, "man, I need to be keeping a journal for both of my two little girls, I'm missing out on so many moments, and I need to write more often in my own journal." Then it hit me, with a blog I could actually be saving myself time. Instead of having to write in all three journals, I could just do a family journal (a.k.a. a blog). So here I am. My plan is to make a hard copy every year to keep in the family bookcase. I think my kids will really enjoy reading the stories about themselves and it might even be better than a journal because it will have pictures. And obviously a lot less time than scrapbooking. However, I am giving the warning now, that I am treating this like a journal and that there will be a lot of grammatical errors and rambling.
Here goes.....

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I think it is fun! I'll surely be one of your long distance readers. It is great to see the girls and read up on how the family is doing. Great adventures!

Lori said...

Abby! I found you through Kayla's blog. So glad to know a titch of what life has brought you... two beautiful girls and lots of happiness! YAY!