Saturday, September 4, 2010

California. We have arrived!

Ok I need to do some catching up of the summer and I will do a post of that later. But I wanted to do the latest news before it gets too late. We moved to Campbell, CA last Saturday. This is in the bay area near San Jose and for those who don't know anything about CA that is about an hour from San Francisco. We are sad to leave family and friends but are trying to focus on the good things about coming here. #1Rob gets to go to work and work in the same office with co-workers. #2 The fresh fruit in the back yard. We have 4 mature fruit trees in our back yard and it has been awesome. There's a orange tree (Funny story, we thought it was a lime tree and picked one and split it open and the fruit inside did not taste like limes. We were confused. So we went back out and up at the top there was orange fruit. A ha.), lime tree, grapefruit tree, pear tree (boy do they make a mess on the patio, it is Eliza's job to clean up the fruit every day, she is a little scared of the bees and I am scared of the cockroaches), and parsiman tree (I know nothing about this fruit, including the spelling). It has been delicious eating the pears and making juice with the citruses. #3 The nice weather (but I must admit it has been a little warm this week without a/c) #4 The beach. Can't wait to go.
We hope all who can will visit. Mom came out to visit this week and wow am I glad, especially with Eliza starting Kindergarten. She was a life saver with getting unpacked too.
(Eliza at first day of Kindergarten)

We will keep you all posted on the CA living. Like Rob likes to tell the girls "They wish they all could be California girls!" Who sings that song? I think the Beach boys.

9 comments:

Timothy and Nicole said...

Oh my you're in Northern California. We really should have you over:) It's about a 2 and a half hour trip, but that's nothing compared to the distance it has been. I didn't even know you were coming WELCOME to Cali. I have a cousin in Campbell. Call me sometime 916-207-8452. LOVE all the new photos!

Ben and Summer said...

Wow! I am so curious now! How fun to live there, I hope you guys love it. Let us know details when you get a chance. So does Rob have a different job now, or just a transfer? Anyway, you guys look great, and Mazie is sooooo cute!

Desiree said...

Missed you guys today. Your flowers in the photo you texted us look beautiful. Enjoy the awesome plants there. We will send more letters soon.

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Looks like fun. We sure did miss you all at the kickball game. Eliza I hope that kindergarten is fun for you.

Amy said...

Hi Abby,
Glad you made it there and you're doing well. We sure miss you here. (especially since we're going to SL so much now for Leo's Dr. appts.)
How fun Eliza started Kindergarten. They must have a later cut-off date. I bet she's lovin' it. Mazie is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks fun! I just barely read your last few posts, I can't believe mazy and her pulling out her hair that's so crazy! I'm glad you are enjoying your fruit trees. We recently discovered our apple tree was good to eat. now taiton eats about 2-3 a day! I hope you keep enjoying California hopefully we can make it there sometime soon. Love you guys!

ZAC said...

You're in the Golden State!!!! Love CA. And yes, the Beach Boys Sang "California Girls"! As for persimmons, they are so yucky if eaten too early but SOOOOO delicious if allowed to mature properly. Let them ripen until the outside of the skin feels soft and seems on the verge of being too ripe. I'm not sure if sunlight helps them ripen. But if you eat them too early, you will be puckering up. ENJOY MY NATIVE STATE!

ZAC said...

P.S. (I'm on a persimmons kick) You will notice that the skin starts to become what seems transparent as compared to it's unripened look. I hope you'll be able to try one just right. And it takes a long time for them to ripen (possibly a couple weeks).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.