Sunday, September 12, 2010

Terrible Twos

Does anyone else ever feel like their 2 year old is punishing them. Oh wow. Well Libby has been experiencing terrible twos like no other this last week. I think it might be due to the move but whatever it is I hope it gets back to normal soon.
She has now returned to diapers. The first weekend we got here she got what seemed to be a UTI. But then it got better. But since then she has been having all kinds of accidents. I thought at first due to the UTI but then this week. She had an accident and just laughed about it. When I asked her why she went on the floor she says, "because she wanted to." Oh my. She is so defient. After peeing on the floor every day for the last week I decided she had to return to diapers. I took away all her panties thinking this would make her want to go on the potty but instead she started helping me pack them up with delight. Don't you just hate it when your genius plan backfires. I feel like that always happens with her. I felt like I just gave her what she wanted it, but I had already said that was what I was going to do.
She has also figured out how to lock the door (the car door, the bedroom door, and the house door). How fortunite for me that all the bedrooms and bathrooms in this house have locks ;) She will run in the room/car and lock the door and start giggling with delight. In the car as soon as I power unlock it she hurries and slams down the lock. (As I am writing this down it does sound a little funny, but at the time it sure doesn't.) The thing that is so different from Eliza is that no punishment phases her. She just laughs as she is being punished as if she is saying, "Yeah right mom, like I care."
Phew. Now that I am done ranting and raving, I must admit I do love that little rascal and she can also be so loving. She always wants to snuggle and always has a smile to brighten the day...even when she's in trouble. I love you Libs.

4 comments:

Erica said...

sorry, but this post made me laugh! I know how frustrating that can be because I've been there :) Sound like you guys are having fun out there. Hope to see you soon.

Diamonds Are Forever said...

I remember Taylor being like that. Just as soon as she wants she will change her mind and go back to big girl panties.

Sarah said...

Oh man, I do not look forward to the terrible twos. That little rascal. Good luck.

Desiree said...

That is just like Maya at that age. Drove me insane! She would even say she didn't care because she liked whatever her current punishment was. It goes away a little bit.