Friday, January 29, 2010

Breakfast in bed

The other night we read a Berenstain Book where the kids brought the mom breakfast in bed. Eliza got in her mind that she was going to do this for me. The next morning when Rob had to rush off to work and she couldn't do this she got really sad, so I said, "How about you have breakfast in bed and you can do it for me another day." She was ecstatic about the idea and ran back to her bed. I was happy the solution was so easy since I wasn't expecting her to be so easily consoled. It ended up being a really fun event. She thought it was so great. (As you can tell by the picture.) Libby saw Eliza and decided she wanted it to. However she got bored of the idea quickly and wanted to get out of her "cage". Perhaps breakfast in bed in a crib feels a little too much like having food in jail.

It was a fun though and a good reminder that I need to loosen up sometimes. I'm always trying to avoid messes and ironically neither of them spilled at all except me. It started out the day in a good mood which continued through out the whole day. I hope to make more effort in the future to do small little fun things like this since it means so much to the kids.

2 comments:

Ben and Summer said...

This is so cute, Abby. You're such a good and fun mommy. I agree, I'm also trying to "lighten up" more and stop to play, read books, etc with the kids. Thanks for the reminder!

Diamonds Are Forever said...

If I could go back I would definantly lighten up and just enjoy those little things.