Friday, January 29, 2010

Our first furniture purchase!

Can you believe that our first piece of furniture that we have bought since we have been married is bunk beds?! Wow we have been blessed. We have been using hand-me downs from parents and grandparents and finding stuff on freecycle.com for the last 5 years. I feel really lucky that people have been so generous. With baby number 3 coming, Rob having a steady income, and the fact that we live in a small house we decided it was time to make the purchase.Bunkbeds...what more could a kid ask for? Seriously the girls love it! We have yet to put the mattresses on. But they love it none the less. (For playing of course, not sleeping yet.)
If my face seems to be lacking excitement in the pics it is due to the fact that Rob and I put it together all afternoon. Rob of course did most the work but it took out a lot of mental energy ;) Aren't I so ridiculous! I'm not a good pregnant lady.
Woo Hoo for bunk beds. I'll keep you updated about how Libby does moving into a big kid bed. She's pretty excited about it but hopefully not for the fact that she is going to be sneaking out of it all night long.

6 comments:

Erica said...

That first furniture purchase is a big deal! Your girls are going to love it. We have Carter in a toddler bed and he loves it, but he does love the freedom too.

Amy said...

It looks great! Congrats on your first purchase, looks like a nice piece of furntiture. How exciting. Also, the monkey cake is way cute! We had a great day with you guys on Libby's b-day. Thanks again! :)

Diamonds Are Forever said...

Way cute white beds. The girls will love it.

J + A Humphreys said...

Those bunk beds look great. We are in the market for them too...looking all over craigslist. :) My goal this year is to just relax and have fun and not worry about the messes so much. It's hard, sometimes when you relax it equals more work in the end. But it's all worth it. There will be lots of years to have a clean house. The monkey cake is so cute. I just love Libby's cheeks!

Anonymous said...

how fun! they're very cute beds!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how, but I've missed some of your previous posts. Your cake is great (looks better then when I attempted to make a puppy cake and it turned out looking like a bear), I love the snowmen! And i'm glad you can support my brother in his basketball habits.