Thursday, January 28, 2010

"My mungee birday!"


For the whole week before Libby's birthday she would say, "My mungee birday!" (Translation: My monkey birthday) This all started when I asked if she wanted a monkey or Elmo cake. She quickly replied, "Mungee!" She loves monkeys for some reason. (I think it began when she learned Monkeys jumping on the bed.) After that question if anything was mentioned about birthdays she would quickly say, "My mungee birday!" with excitement. So the day before I attempted a monkey birthday cake. It's ears got a little large which started making it look cowish but I thought it worked out pretty good for an amateur. Libby wasn't quite as excited as I thought she would be about the cake but she could at least tell it was a monkey.

We got ready to go play at Boondocks with Tyler and Maya Teemant.

I also told her that Drew was coming later that night all she could think about was "Babay Boo" so she kept looking out the window and saying, "Airwa" (Sarah) and "Boo". I kept telling her they weren't coming until that night but that just doesn't compute for a 2 year old. (Sadly she got a fever that evening and they couldn't come. Fortunately she has a short memory and didn't remember by then.)

We went and played at Boondocks and then decided that Ikea food sounded better than Boondocks so headed over there, ate and did a little shopping. After that we came home and Libby took a nap. When she woke up she had a little fever :(
She still was quite a trooper, just wanted a lot of snuggles.

When daddy got home we ate a Pizza dinner and then opened presents...


...blew out the candles..

...and then ate cake.

She's 2 people!
(Even though she needs a little help to show it.)
She was so excited when she finally got it!
We love you Libby!

7 comments:

Nan and Aaron said...

I am sooo impressed with the cake. I tried to make a fun one once and it was a disaster!

Nick and Leila said...

Wow! What an amazing cake! Can you make them for my kids someday? I'm excited about the baby, yah, we need to get together!

Desiree said...

Such a cute cake!!!

Jenn said...

The cake is very cute! And your little girls are so adorable! I love it!

Brandi said...

Look at that, it turned out sooooo well! You will have to let me know how you ended up doing it. Libby looks adorable as ever, can't believe she's already 2!!! Okay, Ellie looks pretty cute too :) Love and miss you all.

Diamonds Are Forever said...

So sad that she got sick.

Lori said...

Abby, you have such a cute family!